5 July 2011

Letterpress in progress... for new book!

With the title page for 'The Fox & The Crow' I wanted to incorporate the same design that would also be blind embossed onto the front cover of the book. After much speculating on what the design should look like, I settled on a simple silhouette of the two main characters engaging with one another - I think it provides an inviting element into the story. In order to incorporate the design into the letterpress method, I used flexoplate and stuck it on a cut out block of mdf so that it could fit in and lock up on the vandercrook (machine) with the rest of the typeface quite nicely. After many attempts and constant adjusting of the paper pressure I finally produced some successful prints! (phew!)




No comments:

Post a Comment